I work with a variety of athletes ages 8 and above competing in nearly every sport. Whether you are an individual athlete competing in endurance events, strength and power sports, a team athlete, or competing in a weight class sport, I can help you with your performance nutrition related challenges.
If you are an athlete with compounding health issues, I will be able to work with you to treat both the sports nutrition and medical nutrition complaints.
- Evaluation of sports-specific nutrition needs and actual food intake.
- Fueling before, during, and after training and competitions.
- Address common sports-related problems like muscle cramping, GI issues, sports anemia, vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Safe weight management – weight loss and weight gain.
- Fueling to maximize muscle gain.
- Optimizing performance through improved eating habits.
- Getting adequate nutrition with special diets like vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Fueling for endurance events such as marathons, ultras, and triathlons as well as tournaments and competitions.
- Managing disordered eating and eating disorder recovery in athletes.
We start with a nutrition assessment and then continue on with nutrition sessions as needed.How to schedule your nutrition assessment:
- Call (202) 375-8942 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- We will schedule your initial and follow up visits and I will send you new client forms to complete and bring with you to the first session.
- Office hours are by appointment Monday-Saturday, typically 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday. Please inquire about Sunday availability.
- Office location: 5200 27th St NW in Chevy Chase D.C., off Military Road across from Rock Creek Park in a residential neighborhood, 2 miles from Tenleytown, Friendship Heights, and Cleveland Park. Free driveway parking. Metrobus accessible. Fridays I have office hours in Tenleytown conveniently located at the metro. Please request this location when booking your sessions if you require metro.
- Fees: The nutrition assessment fee is $350 and due at the first appointment. This fee includes two 60-minute in person counseling sessions, your comprehensive write up delivered via PDF, and additional coaching time via e-mail, or other resources (recipes links etc.) I may provide during your assessment. Check, cash, credit cards, HSA/FSA cards are accepted.
- Insurance: I am an “out of network” provider for private insurance. I can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement if there is an appropriate medical diagnosis. It is up to you to know the terms for reimbursement and speak to your insurance company prior to the session. I do not participate in Medicare and cannot provide Medicare approved services (renal disease, diabetes). I cannot provide a Medicare "opt out letter" to supplemental insurance at this time.