Why Companies Should Invest in Wellness
- According to the Department of Health and Human Services, employers can expect an ROI of $3 – $6 per dollar invested in a well-designed wellness program.
- A recent study of 200 people at 3 major corporations showed that employees’ quality of life, mental performance and time management were 15% better on days when they exercised.
- The link between employee engagement and your bottom line is real – more engaged workers translate to increased sales and profits.
- Wellness programs can enhance and support an organization’s core values and culture
- More than 50 percent of an individual’s well-being is a result of behavior.
- 75 percent of health care costs can be prevented through lifestyle modifications.
For every 100 employees in America:
- 27 have cardiovascular disease
- 24 have high blood pressure
- 50 or more have high cholesterol levels
- 26 are overweight by at least 20%
- 10 are heavy drinkers
- 59 don’t get adequate exercise
- 44 suffer from stress