- “When I met Rebecca I was 40 pounds heavier, my blood pressure was dangerously high, my cholesterol was extremely high, and I was very discouraged and frightened about my health. My doctor wanted to put me on medication because he did not believe I could make the behavior changes I needed to get healthier.
Each time I met with her she listened and gave me practical suggestions. She was always there to challenge and support me. With her guidance and help I was able to make significant changes in my eating. In addition, Rebecca encouraged me to exercise and I began to exercise regularly.
After working with Rebecca I have lost weight (40 lbs) and my blood pressure and cholesterol are in the normal range. I have worked very hard to achieve my goals and am extremely proud of my accomplishment; however, I don't think I could have gotten to this point without Rebecca's expertise, support, and encouragement. I will always be grateful to her helping me to get my life back--I couldn't have done it without her. Rebecca is a master at what she does and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with her. I am thrilled to move forward in my life--- healthier, stronger, and happier. Rebecca helped me to get to this place and words cannot express my appreciation to her.”
- “Thank God I met Rebecca Scritchfield. It is really as simple as that. I know there are numerous dieticians, self help type people, nutritionist, motivational speakers, trainers, etc., but there is only one Rebecca and I feel like one of the lucky ones b/c she is not only my registered dietician, but she has become my biggest supporter, my motivation, my "healthy voice" and so much more over my journey.”
- “Hi Rebecca,
Just wanted to let you know that I hit the 10-pound loss mark today. I had my annual checkup this week. My lipid profile is better than ever, even though my fat intake has been 10 times higher. My physician at Georgetown was very impressed with the results. The amazing thing is that I just came back from a week of vacationing with my Dad in a 3- meal a day buffet style all-you-can-eat resort.”
- “It sounds corny to say that someone changed my life. Honestly, I can say Rebecca saved me. Saved me from me. No really.....It was 3 years ago. I was feeling terrible. Drinking too much, always tired, great starts on exercises and no finishes. I had a serious emotional eating issue. Rebecca's says “nothing changes until you do” and boy is she right. I had no idea how powerful those words would mean. I was ready to change. I spent a long weekend with my mom and family in Maine. I almost immediately started to feel better. I had one weekend of healthy eating and I could not believe the immediate benefits. I started with Rebecca in June, by my birthday in November, I raced in my first Sprint triathlon. This followed, by Olympic triathlon races, and swim classes with elite triathletes. Rebecca changed my life and I will never be the same. Yes, I lost weight. I lost 30 pounds, but I gained so much more. I became a new person with energy, confidence, and self-love.”
- “Rebecca, You are a great dietician. Got results on the A1C. Down to 5.2 from 6.1 in three months.
- “I was looking for a nutritionist who was knowledgeable, and could provide solutions to the challenges I was facing with food. Rebecca has been fantastic!!! Rebecca helped me see the connection between stress and food choices. She got me into yoga, something I didn't think I would like, and I was wrong. I love it and am excited to make it part of my exercise and self-care routine. I learned it's easier to eat well when you're less stressed. Rebecca can help you get to the bottom of your food challenges as well.”
- “I did really well this year, better than I ever did. I really owe a lot of that to you, since I think getting my weight and nutrition under control have been absolutely key to my success. I finished 4th at Senior World Championship Trials, 3rd at Canadian Henley, and 3rd at the Head of the Charles (all lightweight single). My coach thinks I can be the light single next year, so I'm really excited.”
- “I just wanted to say thank you for convincing me I could do the triathlon! You helped me get there.”
- “I am an elite runner and have been working with Rebecca for awhile. She is the best thing that happened to me! She is not only knowledgeable but she is motivating and caring. Rebecca has taught me everything from balanced and mindful eating to fueling properly for my sport to maximize performance. I feel so lucky to have learned from Rebecca. She is top notch in her field!!”
- “I coach elite endurance athletes, and Rebecca is an absolutely indispensable resource. Rebecca has worked with several of my athletes to maximize their performance by fueling properly before and after their workouts, and the results she has obtained have been spectacular. Rebecca understands the physical and psychological needs of elite athletes, which is a rare and valuable skill. I would not, and do not, send my athletes to medical providers unless I have complete confidence in them, and Rebecca has more than earned my trust. I am certain that her expertise is applicable to non-elite athletes as well. I give her my highest recommendation.”
- “Deciding to call Rebecca Scritchfield, RD one day three years ago was the best and most important and decision I have made in my life. My dietician changed my life b/c she fought for me when I didn't think I deserved to be fought for and cared about me more than I cared about myself and most importantly she never gave up on me.
Rebecca was committed to my health from the beginning. Her passion and knowledge helped change my perspective on food. Instead of being afraid of food and she has taught me about mindfulness, balance and self-care when it comes to nutrition. She’s taught me to listen to my body and understand what ‘normal’ eating is. There have been so many stages through my recovery that Rebecca has helped me through from healthily gaining weight, to not being afraid of food while maintaining weight, to fueling properly for my sport. One of the things that helped the most with her is that she practices what she preaches. She changed my life by always pushing me and not letting me get stuck spinning my wheels when I wouldn’t want to change.
I am extremely lucky to have found Rebecca. She was instrumental in creating my support team and getting me as far as I am in my recovery today.”
- “When I first walked into Rebecca’s office I think I didn’t actually realize the severity of my eating disorder. I went there looking for ways to get my weight in check, essentially another quick fix. Over the weeks, as Rebecca allowed my story to unfold, I realized that life was not about another diet but rather about coming to terms with how I feel about myself. I grew up in a household with a mother who was a chronic dieter and a father who was bulimic. The patterns that they set have had a profound impact on my life. Not only did I become a chronic dieter like my mother but I also suffered from bulimia like my father. Most eating disorders stem from the need to control at least one element of your life. Consequently, food, eating, and weight have made me a prisoner of my own self-image. Rebecca has helped me reassess who I really am and what is important. She has also taught me that life isn’t about deprivation but rather about enjoyment and satisfaction. What I am becoming aware of as we work together is that food doesn’t have to make you a prisoner. You don’t have to obsess about your size or base who you really are on what you look like. You don’t have to count every single calorie and you can eat a cookie when you want a cookie. Rebecca has taught me about balance in every aspect of my life. She has helped me restructure my thinking patterns by helping me re-evaluate how I think about food and healthy nourishment. She has taken the emphasis off of control and put it on nourishing the body and soul.”
- “In the beginning, I saw Rebecca for sports nutrition; she got me through a marathon. But, as we worked more closely together, and I opened up, she discovered the depths of my challenge with food. I am a 34 year old with a binge eating disorder. Dieting is so ingrained in my head, that I don’t even see it.
Rebecca is challenging me in ways that involve the total self. She is helping me connect the dots of life events to my nutrition choices. She is challenging my diet mentality and food rules. It’s about being satisfied with the here and now. I will admit; I’m a skeptic. And while I KNOW that what I’ve done in the past doesn’t work, I am holding on to it for dear life. But, Rebecca is slowly, persistently and patiently loosening that vice grip. How? Well, through commitment, a commitment to yourself and to her. She meets you where you are at. She has such a passion and charisma that women everywhere, from all walks of life would benefit from her advice if they are willing to hand over a small amount of trust.”
Keynotes and Workshops
- “Rebecca was the perfect choice to launch Albion’s “Year of Wellness.” She was a terrific speaker, full of energy, humor, and wisdom. She fully engaged the audience through her stories, her images and her passion. Rebecca gave one of the best Convocation speeches in Albion's history and that she has inspired them to adopt healthier lifestyles.”Albion College
- “ I recently hired Rebecca to speak at a conference that I was planning for 200+ members of The Women's Alliance, a professional development group for women employees of Xerox Corporation. The theme of our conference was "Live it Up!". I met with Rebecca several times prior to the conference to discuss her session. Rebecca not only developed an engaging talk on nutrition and her "me-first" principles that incorporated every concern I had asked her to address--but she did it in a way that fit into our conference theme perfectly. Her session received very high reviews in our post-conference survey. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Rebecca--she is passionate about her line of work, energetic, creative, and a pleasure to work with!
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Creative”Xerox
- “Rebecca - I enjoyed your webinar presentation "Nurturing Principles for Nurturing Nurses" at nurses.com very much. I will definitely add your nutrition tips to my everyday life. Thank you.”
- “Rebecca, I didn't have time yesterday to give you a proper thank you.
It really was great. The teachers commented that you were right on target with the presentation. The Panera contact said " no wonder she costs so much, she is worth it". You have great stage presence. Your versatility to switch to a kid friendly program was wonderful. When I have the occasion to recommend someone with your talents, know you will be the one!
Thank you!”Panera Bread
Media and Communications
- “Rebecca was amazing to work with on our Soyfoods video project and I would not hesitate to hire her again in the future.”Soyfoods Association of North America
- “Rebecca - You are an outstanding guest. Not only informative but you also have a great personality and can “play along” and laugh. I have found that to be a rarity in 22-years in this business.
The only thing I regret is that we are radio and denied people the ability to see your infectious smile.
I will definitely keep you at the top of my experts list.”News Radio
- “Rebecca has worked as an ambassador for several large food brands that I represent. She has a unique talent for communicating the health benefits of different foods to the media, while making sure that her messages are backed up by credible research. She is also up-to-date on the latest nutrition and food industry trends, and I know I often tap her expertise to help guide my clients programming.”CRT/tanaka