I was put on this planet to help people. I’ve known that since I was 7-years old. My gift in life is helping people realize how important self-care really is to their energy levels, mood, and happiness. I believe when you make time for three things: food, fitness, and fun you have the energy you need to get what you want out of life. You will be happier and healthier. I believe everyone has their own version of realistic, optimal wellness for their lifestyle. Some just need help in discovering it. I can help you do that!
My Core Beliefs
- We deserve ‘me time’ each day and we’ll be more present in life when we take it. I call this philosophy “Me First”. Learn more about “Me First” and take the pledge!
- Nourishment is about giving your body the quality and balance of food it needs to feel good physically and help you perform optimally in your life.
- There is no “perfect” way to eat.
- Eating is a natural biological process. We should not feel guilty for doing it.
- Nobody really wants to diet, they just think they have to.
- There is no such thing as “all or nothing.”
- It’s not what you weigh, it’s what you do that matters more to your health. Change your habits and let your weight be the side effect.
- Deprivation and restriction are enemies of wellness. You can’t possibly be healthy while neglecting your body’s needs.
- Everyone can change.
Rebecca Scritchfield is a Washington, D.C. based registered dietitian and fitness expert specializing in helping people build healthy lifestyles through her work in nutrition counseling, professional speaking, and media communications. Rather than encouraging people to diet, she helps them learn eating skills that balance individual nutrition needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure.
Rebecca believes that a person’s life long habits and self care behaviors predict health, not the number on the scale. She has helped thousands of people change their lives by finding exercise that feels great, learning to manage stress, and establishing balanced eating habits.
As a mom and entrepreneur, Rebecca feels the same “tug of war” for time, energy, and peace that many moms face day-to-day. Her “Me First” philosophy, which encourages daily self-care of food, fitness, and fun is a reminder to herself and everyone else that we all have needs in order to be our best out there in the world, for our families, friends, and professional success.
Rebecca is active as a Spokesperson and consultant to some of the most well-respected foods and brands from U.S. blueberries, cherries, and Zespri kiwifruit to Georgia Pecans, Wonderful Pistachios, and Incredible Eggs.
A graduate of The Johns Hopkins University, Rebecca has reached millions through television, radio, print, and web including: Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, The Washington Post, O Magazine, Prevention, Women’s Health, and Runner’s World. She is an ACSM certified Health and Fitness Specialist and a certified Intuitive Eating Pro. She is recognized as one of the “top 10 nutrition influencers online” by Sharecare. In 2009, she was honored by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as “Young Dietitian of the Year.”